Family Law Serivces In Essex

Child Arrangement Orders Lawyers

Book Your FREE 30 Minute Consultation

*We do not offer legal aid.

Book Your FREE 30 Minute Consultation

*We do not offer legal aid.

Child Arrangement Orders

Of course you want what is best for your child and in the case of divorce, separation or the end of a civil partnership, a Child Arrangement Order may be necessary to ensure that happens.

A Child Arrangement Order is a legal agreement between the court and the parents or guardians of a child detailing the child’s living arrangements. Child Arrangement Orders are used to ensure that the child’s living arrangements are made in their best interests which details how much time the child will spend with both parties and how much contact occurs. If the two of you can’t come to an agreement on your own, a Child Arrangement Order helps define an agreement the two of you can both live with.

Several different parties can apply for a Child Arrangement Order. While typically parents or guardians are the applicants, anyone who already holds a residence order for the child or anyone the child has lived with for at least three years can apply, including grandparents.

Child Arrangement Orders always come at an emotional time and we understand that finding the right family solicitor to place your trust into is essential. We are here to provide you with the guidance and support you need during this difficult time in you and your children’s lives.

At Kayson Solicitors, we put the needs of your child first when drafting a Child Arrangement Order. Ultimately, our team is here to ensure that your child grows up happy and healthy.


Our other specialties:

  • Injunctions – if a child is a victim of domestic violence, whether it be physical or emotional abuse by a parent, the court can make orders to prevent the parent from harming the child by ordering the removal of the abusive parent from the family home. In addition, the court can also prevent a parent from attending specific addresses that the child may attend such as the child’s school.
  • Specific Issue Orders – gives the court the power to make a decision on a specific issue that has arisen, or that may arise, in connection with any aspect of parental responsibility for a child. It can be used to determine questions about a child’s upbringing such as the choice of school or in relation to medical treatment or issues relating to religion.
  • Parental Responsibility Orders – gives the court the power to grant parental responsibility for example, to an unmarried father who is not registered on the child’s birth certificate and when the mother refuses to give the father parental responsibility.
  • Prohibited Steps Orders – granted by the court to prevent a parent from doing certain activities or events or making specific trips with their child/children. It allows the court to apply a restriction on a parent’s parental responsibility.
  • Abduction – if a child has been removed from the parent with primary care without permission, the court can make orders to return the child.


How can we help?

Our specialist team aims to resolve disputes regarding children outside of the court arena and as amicably as possible through mediation or by negotiations. If this is not possible and the two parties simply cannot agree and relations are hostile, we may advise that you initiate court proceedings however, this is seen only as a last resort.

We understand that each case concerning children is unique. We offer a free 30-minute initial consultation to help us understand your circumstances and give advice tailored to you.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you are in need of specialist legal advice regarding your children and your rights as a parent when your relationship has broken down.

Please note that you do not have to attend our offices and we can take your instructions by email, phone or Zoom video call conferencing. Please do not hesitate to email us at or phone us on 0203 876 7136 and we are happy to advise you.