EU Citizen Rights

Leading Divorce, Family, Property and Immigration Solicitors

0203 935 6479

Warlies Park House Horseshoe Hill Upshire, Essex EN9 3SL

Immigration Law in Waltham Abbey

EU Citizen Rights

With Brexit around the corner, EU citizens and their families in the UK need to give some thought to stabilising status to remain here.

EU citizens who currently live and work in the UK are able to exercise rights under the European Law as a worker, self-employed or as a student. With this right, your family members would also be entitled to live with you in the UK.

Demonstrating and evidencing your rights as a EU citizen may not always be easy in some cases due to extensive evidence required. We are here to advise you and your family’s right to live and work in the UK.

To legalise your status in the UK you will need to apply for a Permanent Residence Card. Application need to made on a form called EEA PR and this needs to be completed and submitted to UKVI.

To obtain UK Permanent Residence Card you must satisfy:

  • You have resided in the UK for 5 years continuously.
  • You must first hold EEA Permanent Residence Card for a minimum of 12 months (unless you married a British National).

Once you are granted the UK Permanent Residence Card, you may move freely in and out of the UK. The Permanent residence card also allows you to evidence that you have a right to work.

Caution: Any Naturalisation application submitted to the UKVI without a permanent residence documents will be refused, you will loss the application fee you paid. You will have to submit a new application.

Immigration Law in Waltham Abbey