Leading Divorce, Family, Property and Immigration Solicitors
0203 935 6479
Warlies Park House Horseshoe Hill Upshire, Essex EN9 3SL
Immigration Law in Waltham Abbey
Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
Who can apply for ILR?
The Indefinite Leave to Remain or the Settlement Visa is an excellent opportunity for you to now secure your status in the UK. You can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain when you have shown a commitment to the UK on a range of temporary visas. You may have been working, studying or here for other reasons You have remained over a number of years in the UK without a break and UKVI will now allow you to make an application to live in the UK permanently.
Who Can Apply for Indefinite ILR
- Anyone who currently holds working visa and the Point Based System.
- Persons holding Dependent Visa or Partner Visa.
- Persons residing in the UK for a long term.
To qualify to make an application for ILR you must meet the following criteria:
- You have resided in the UK continuously for five years or more.
- Nationality from an English speaking country.
- OR an accepted English language degree.
- OR Successfully passing an accredited English language test.
- Pass the ‘Life in the UK’ test.
The Importance Of Applying Correctly For The Home Office Indefinite Leave To Remain
It’s important to have all information in your application accurate, and applicable to your case. You must pay a fee to apply, and you do not get a refund if you are rejected. Common reasons for rejection:
- Incorrect or insufficient documentation.
- Incorrect or incomplete application.